Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Shoulda Been There!

Last season, I wrote about my kind of game and how it generally ends up going somewhere between 12 and 14 innings.

This year, my kind of game seems to have been the hopeless blowout that you can sense from the outset. I've already been to two of them this season, and a third that was probably worse than the final score would indicate.

By all rights, I should have been at last night's game as well.

I was out a little later than usual and when I briefly checked the score on my phone, it was 3-0 Atlanta in the 2nd. This didn't bode well, but considering how Tuesday night's game turned out, you couldn't be too sure. By time I got home and put the game on TV, Atlanta was scoring more runs and the score was 11-1. I realized that whatever I'd missed wasn't worth watching anyway.

I have tickets to tonight's game, and a matchup of Johan Santana vs. Kenshin Kawakami (you know, the great Kenshin Kawakami). The Braves will probably win this game 3-1 or something to that effect. In reality, I probably should have had tickets to last night's game, which would have fit in very well with the kind of games I've been attending this season. Who knows, the Mets might actually win tonight. My personal losing streak currently stands at 4 games. I haven't seen the Mets win a game since June 25th. This current losing streak ties my personal worst, originally set back in August/September of 2005. It would be fitting, I suppose, for this particular Mets team to break that streak and hand my my 5th loss in a row. But with Santana on the mound and the horrible, embarrassing blowout last night, I hope it doesn't come to that.

Besides, my next game is Monday afternoon vs. Philadelphia, with Parnell probably making the recovery start after last night. A loss tonight and 4 could become 6 very quickly.

No comments: