Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sad Sack

The Braves did last night what they should have done tonight when I'll be one of the 60 or so people in attendance at Citi Field and score 4 runs in the 1st inning. It's happened at just about every other game I've been to this season. Hopefully I haven't incited Larry and his band of lesser men to do just that. But then, the Braves got cute and decided to score 4 more runs in the 2nd and then 3 more in the 3rd, making the game unwatchable from about the second I turned it on. After about 10 minutes, Ron and Keith were talking about Beer and Pretzels and how it's illegal in North Dakota to serve pretzels with beer (Ron, the Yale grad, knew why). That might have been more interesting than the game at that point, so I turned to the radio, where Howie and Wayne were talking about it being the 8th anniversary of a much more Proud and Inspirational night in Mets History.

Either way, I wasn't there, which I suppose was good. But, again, tonight I'll be there, for what will be the 15th and final game on the Weekday Plan. Time to say goodbye to my seats in 518 and goodbye to the fans that have sat with me at most of these games. Hopefully, the Mets will acknowledge this by not making total asses of themselves as they have in 10 of the 14 prior games I've been to this season.

No comments: