Thursday, June 21, 2007

Scott Schoeneweis Must Die

Whether or not this has any bearing on what happened or didn't happen in last night's game, I only feel I need to state what I saw and state my feelings on what happened.

No, once again, I did not see last night's game. In fact, I had two tickets to last night's game that went unused, and I see that not much was missed, despite my repeated attempts to sell said tickets.

All that needs to be said is that when I saw a brief glimpse of the "highlights" of last night's game, I saw the following:

Top 6th, Minnesota 4, Mets 2, still very much in reach if the Mets could hit the broad side of a barn, and here he is again, Scott Schoeneweis, rearing back and incinerating the game, giving up a double to Mauer, scoring 2 runs and essentially putting the game to bed.

AND HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE SEEN THAT THIS SEASON?

It's bad enough that I feel like I'm starting to sound like WFAN's Joe Benigno and his classic rants on Armando Benitez or Roberto Alomar.

"I CAN'T STAND THIS GUY! HE STINKS! I'D TRADE HIM FOR A BAG OF BALLS AT THIS POINT! EVERY TIME I SEE HIM COME OUT OF THE BULLPEN, I WANT TO VOMIT!"


Whether or not there was a lack of hitting involved, it's much easier (and less stressful) on a struggling offense to come back from a 4-2 deficit as opposed to a 6-2 deficit. And it's much easier to come back from a 3-2 deficit than a 9-2 deficit.

I know Chad Bradford got the same asinine contract from Baltimore and he's not pitching well either, but what in the hell made Omar Minaya think that this dunce with a severed leg was going to help the team out? He's like the slow, sinking feeling of the old John Franco 9th innings, combined with the mildness of Shawn Estes, plus the square root of the wispiness of Doug Henry, divided by the utter and combined hopelessness of Kane Davis.

So, bottom line, I've had it. I've had enough. If I'm ever listening to a game, I'm shutting off the radio. If I have a game on GameCast, I'm closing the window, if I see him on TV, I'm changing the channel, and if I am at a ballgame again, and I see this worthless waste of a Major Leaguer come into the game, I am walking out of the Stadium.

Scott Schoeneweis needs to go. The sanity of myself and all Mets fans is at stake.

1 comment:

El Guapo said...

Please note: It is not the official policy of The Ballclub to endorse the assassination of any members of the New York Mets players, coaching staff, or front office. My colleague is just, um, a little upset.