Friday, February 13, 2009

Inside the Mind of the Mets Fan

In celebration of Pitchers and Catchers reporting to Spring Training today, I offer you some of the Mets-related thoughts that have popped through my mind since the end of the 2008 season.

  • Citi Field will be a beautiful ballpark, won't it?
  • Sheets? Wolf? Ollie?
  • Why couldn't Wright have swung at the 2-0 pitch?
  • Cole Hamels was 0-2 with a 6 ERA against the Mets last season.
  • What is the music they played at Shea when Carlos Delgado hit a Home Run?
  • Between A-Rod and the Torre book, I wonder if the New York Media will even bother showing up to Mets camp?
  • Jose...JoseJoseJose...
  • I really love Carlos Beltran.
  • Gawd, that last day at Shea was depressing.
  • Manny.
  • I know that it's illegal to implode a building in NYC, and that they probably couldn't blow up Shea because of how close it was to Citi Field, but if they had planned to blow it up, Fred Wilpon would have probably charged fans $50 a head to watch.
  • I should have gone home as soon as Spiezio hit the triple.
  • Jose...JoseJoseJose...
  • As bad as the Wilpons may appear, it could be worse. The Mets could be owned by a guy who called the players greedy while standing on his $4 million yacht and outbid himself for Alex Rodriguez by about $75 million. Ladies and Gentlemen, Tom Hicks!
  • Since it's probably safe to assume that a large chunk of Major Leaguers were on steroids throughout the 90s and early on this decade, and the playing field was hopelessly skewed, wouldn't it somehow even out in the grand scheme of things? Moreover, why do people care about this so much? Why is the media so consumed by this?
  • Jose...JoseJoseJose...
  • I'm not worried about Mike Pelfrey hitting a wall.
  • I'm worried every time the door to the Mets bullpen swings open. We probably all have PTSD.
  • I plonked down $355 for a Weekday plan, and, quite honestly, I'm not ashamed I did it. I never quite understood these indignant people who scream about how they're "never going to another game again!" for one reason or another. These protests don't work. Someone else will always buy the tickets.
  • The more I think about it, the more I truly have no clue what to expect out of Daniel Murphy.
  • Jose...JoseJoseJose...
  • Freddy Garcia. I must have drafted him every year from 2000 to 2004 in Fantasy. Him and Javier Vazquez.
  • I wonder if I'll be able to see car fires in the parking lot from my new seats?
  • Jose...JoseJoseJose...Jose...Jose...

No comments: