Everything else has already been said, but I have several questions for the Mets.
1) Why do you need to have a Press Conference every time something happens within the organization?
2) Why do you need to pick a fight with the best player on your team?
3) What is the certification of your "medical staff"?
4) Why aren't you as concerned about fielding a winning team as you are about spin?
5) Why, as fans, should we have anything positive to feel about going into the upcoming season?
I'm beginning to think that the story about the Mets this upcoming season is going to have very little to do with what goes on on the field. It's going to be mere scenery up against these clowns in the front office.
Nobody really wants to see Fred or Jeff or Omar or John Ricco or whoever. They need to realize that nobody is particularly interested in anything they have to say. I'm going to channel the words of the man who coaches my favorite team in another sport, because it's the bottom line, and nothing else matters.
I. WANT. WINNERS.
It's a shame the front office doesn't share this sentiment.